Date: May 12, 2020
1:00 PM EDT / 12:00 PM CDT / 10:00 AM PDT / 5:00 PM GMT
Duration: 1 Hour.
CEU: A certificate of attendance will be offered.
Presented by: Dan Kerrigan, MS, EFO, CFO, Chief of Fire and Emergency Services, Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County, PA
Proper nutrition, hydration, and recovery are critical components of wellness. You will become acquainted with the “toxic twins” that combine to drastically increase a firefighter’s chance of suffering sudden cardiac death. Discussion encompasses also proactive hydration, proper rehabilitation at incidents, rest and recovery techniques, optimizing your overall health throughout the day, and quality sleep. This Webcast is a must if you want to take your health and wellness to the next level. The focus is on a comprehensive approach to firefighter wellness. It provides a much needed “gut check” and offers information and tips for more comprehensive fitness, improved performance, a reduced risk of injury and illness, and increased longevity.
How to Earn CEUs from Columbia Southern University
- This course has been approved for one contact hour and .1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Attendees must be logged in for the duration of the webinar in order to receive CEUs.
- Upon completion of the webinar, CEUs must be requested at ColumbiaSouthern.edu/CE
- Verified attendees will receive a CEU certificate in a PDF format.
- The fee for this service is $25. This fee will be waived for verified CSU Students, Alumni, and Learning Partners.
Dan Kerrigan, MS, EFO, CFO
Chief of Fire and Emergency Services, Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County, PA
Sponsored By Columbia Southern University
In 2018, Columbia Southern University celebrated its 25th anniversary. As a pioneer in online education, CSU was established in 1993 to provide an alternative to the traditional university experience. CSU offers online associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees such as business administration, criminal justice, fire administration and occupational safety and health. Visit ColumbiaSouthern.edu or call (877) 347-6050 to learn more.