Home Tags Prevention
One person died in a fire in New Haven, Connecticut where code violations were found months earlier.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) actively supports National Electrical Safety Month, an annual campaign sponsored by Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), which raises awareness of potential home electrical hazards, the importance of electrical fire safety, and the safety of electrical and non-electrical workers, each May.
Almost one year ago to the day, the Sterling Heights Fire Department was at this same home for a carbon monoxide issue.
The move comes 16 months after six people were killed and more than a dozen were injured in a smoky pre-dawn fire in December 2019 at the Alpine Motel Apartments.
Columbus, Nebraska and the American Red Cross work to install smoke detectors and complete home escape plans.
An overloaded power strip and an open fire apartment door led to an eight-alarm fire in Queens, New York that injured 16 firefighters.
The fire department can use the information to tailor fire prevention programs to specific areas or populations of the city.