Firefighters in Wales rescue man trapped in a burning home
WALES, Maine – WGME reports that firefighters in Wales rescued a man who was trapped inside his burning home early Tuesday morning.
The house fire in Pond Road occurred just before 12:30 a.m.
According to a Facebook post by the fire department, firefighters laddered a rear second floor window and performed a search, locating the trapped man.
The was reported to conscious and alert after being rescued.
The fire destroyed the home. WGME reports that the fire appears to have begun in a dryer.