Michigan Firefighter Saves Neighbor from Burning Home

(St. Ignace Fire & Rescue, Facebook)

St. Ignace firefighter saves man in house fire

Miriam Marini, Detroit Free Press

(TNS)

A firefighter jumped into action Thursday evening when he heard a nearby home was engulfed in flames.

The St. Ignace firefighter pulled his neighbor out of the Upper Peninsula residence before crews arrived at the scene. Multiple fire departments were en route to the 5500 block of Simmons Road when the firefighter saved the resident.

St. Ignace Fire and Rescue were alerted of a house fire with someone inside at approximately 8 p.m. Thursday. Crews left the scene at around 11 p.m., according to northern Michigan TV station 9&10 News.

The firefighter and the resident were transported to a hospital for treatment. The firefighter, who inhaled smoke during the rescue, was having breathing problems but was later released. The condition of the resident is unknown.

mmarini@gannett.com

This article originally appeared on Detroit Free Press: St. Ignace firefighter races to save neighbor from burning home before crews arrive

———

©2020 the Detroit Free Press

Visit the Detroit Free Press at www.freep.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

No posts to display