FEMA’s National Integration Center has published two Search and Rescue Resource Typing Definitions and seven Job Titles/Position Qualifications documents. These resource typing documents will facilitate the sharing of deployable resource types at all jurisdictional levels.
The positions include 9 Search and Rescue resource typing documents, including:
- Swiftwater Flood SAR Team
- Swiftwater Flood SAR Team Leader
- Swiftwater Flood SAR Technician — Boat Operator
- Swiftwater Flood SAR Technician — Boat Bowmen
- Swiftwater Flood SAR Technician
- Stillwater Flood SAR Team
- Stillwater Flood SAR Team Leader
- Stillwater Flood SAR Technician
- Boat Operator (Search and Rescue)
View document at FEMA’s website.
Resource typing is a key component of NIMS and enables organizations from across the country to work together during incidents of all types and sizes. Implementing NIMS resource management principles across the nation is a fundamental part of building our national preparedness.
NIMS Resource Typing Definitions establish measurable standards of resource capabilities and performance levels of teams and equipment.
NIMS Job Titles/Position Qualifications establish minimum qualifications and capabilities for personnel and their equipment within their assigned teams to manage all threats and hazards, regardless of incident type or size.