Mesquite (TX) Medical Call Turns to Fatal Fire When Oxygen Tank Explodes

One person died and a firefighter was burned when an oxygen tank seemingly exploded in Mesquite Tuesday night.

Firefighters responded to the call for a medical emergency at an apartment complex. While they were performing CPR on the victim, they began to administer oxygen to him.

At that point a spark or flame from an unknown source apparently caused the oxygen tank to ignite.The vistim did not survive the explosion and the Mesquite Fire Department firefighter assisting him suffered burns. Several homes in the complex were damaged, but no one else was injured.

No posts to display