Carroll County Times, Westminster, Md.
Oct. 26—A house fire on Sunday morning in Manchester resulted in about $150,000 in property damage.
At 11:22 a.m., the Manchester Volunteer Fire Company responded to a fire at a three-story single-family dwelling in the 2500 block of Bachmans Valley Road.
An occupant was alerted to the fire after observing the lights flickering and the smoke alarm going off.
The fire was discovered in the laundry room and was contained to that room as a result of the room’s door being closed.
Fifty firefighters spent about an hour working to control the flames, according to the fire company. The preliminary cause was determined to be accidental.
There were no injuries or deaths related to the incident.
(c)2021 the Carroll County Times (Westminster, Md.)
Visit the Carroll County Times (Westminster, Md.) at www.carrollcountytimes.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.