Connecticut Firefighter, Family Lose Pets, Home in Blaze

All but one dog dead in East Haven house fire

FirefighterNation Staff

EAST HAVEN, Connecticut – A Connecticut firefighter and his family mourn over the loss of their pets and home following a house fire in East Haven as reported by WTNH.

The fire on Windsor Street began on Wednesday at approximately 11:30 a.m.

No occupants were inside the home and firefighters found several dogs, cats, and one rabbit.

Firefighters were able to revive only one dog.

East Haven Fire Chief Matthew Marcarelli told WTNH that firefighters made a quick attack on the fire and located several of the family pets.

The fire is believed to have started in the basement.

The home belongs to Robert Savarese and his family.  Savarese is a career fire captain at Electric Boat Fire Department in Groton, Connecticut.

He is also a volunteer firefighter with East Haven Fire Department Volunteer Company 4.

A GoFundMe page has been created to assist the family with food, clothing, and housing.

GoFundMe: Please help the Savarese family after a house fire

No posts to display