Arson/Investigation, Firefighting, News, Prevention, Video

Barbecue Grill Identified as Cause of Lake of the Ozarks Condo Fire

Grill on balcony seen as likely cause of fire

(Lake Ozark Fire Protection District)

FirefighterNation Staff

LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Missouri – KMIZ reports that the Lake of the Ozarks condominium fire was likely caused by a barbecue grill and has been ruled accidental.

Lake Ozark Fire Chief Mark Amsinger told KMIZ that the Missouri State Fire Marshal was called in and found that a gas grill on the third-floor balcony was the cause of the blaze.

Firefighters from the Lake Ozark Fire Protection District and Cole County Fire responded to the scene at the Emerald Bay Condominiums.

No one was injured in the fire.

See More Videos on FirefighterNation.com