Papillion firefighter burned in blast
PAPILLION, Nebraska – A Papillion firefighter is in the hospital recovering from burns after being caught in a smoke explosion Saturday night.
KETV7 reports that Firefighter Joe LaPuzza suffered second degree burns to his hands after being caught in an explosion at the front door of the home.
Firefighter LaPuzza was putting on his gloves when the blast occurred, knocking him backwards.
Two other firefighters were also caught in the explosion. One suffered a concussion.