Belleville firefighters rescue a four-year old in fire
BELLEVILLE, Illinois – Firefighters rescue a young girl on Saturday from an apartment fire in Belleville.
KMOV states that Belleville firefighters responded to a fire in the 300 block of Freedom Drive at 6:00 a.m. Candles had ignited materials in a bathroom.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they were told that no one was inside. Family members had said the four-year old that was rescued was supposed to be with an older sibling who had already gotten out.
Video shows that as firefighters made entry into the apartment, crying could be heard.
The young girl was quickly located and removed from the burning apartment.
The girl was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation.