- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
A 3-Step Approach for Effective Thermal Imager Use
- Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Watch this archived webcast below!
Do you know how to properly use a TIC?
Standards for the use of thermal imaging cameras (TICs) in various fireground tasks are often lacking. This presentation will provide a three-step approach to thermal imaging use—orientation, interpretation and communication.
- Key components of effective thermal imaging
- TIC techniques for ordinary and complex searches
- Thermal imaging objectives for primary and secondary searches
- Tips and tricks for setting up effective thermal imaging training
About Jake Pelk
Jake Pelk, Captain Central County (Calif.) Fire Department Jake Pelk has been in the fire service more than 15 years and started his career as a volunteer in Boulder Creek, Calif. He was recently promoted to captain at Central County Fire Department in San Mateo County. Jake began teaching thermal imaging classes in 1998. He co-founded and is currently the director of the “Nobody Gets Left Behind” Training Group; he also serves as a Search Team Manager for California Task Force 3 and a Tactical Medic Team Leader.
- New Video Highlights Charleston Fire Department Recovery after Tragic Sofa Super Store Fire
- Larson Electronics Announces Release of Easy to Deploy 600 Watt LED Light Tower
- Neighbor Rescues Woman from Rhode Island Fire
- Video: Phoenix Firefighters Battle Horse Barn Fire
- Atlanta Firefighters Battle Auto Repair Shop Blaze