Worcester Firefighters Continue Helping Test Tracking Devices
Latest WPI test looks at real time firefighter tracking and location system.
Published Wednesday, August 8, 2012
WORCESTER (NECN/Katelyn Tivnan) - The future of firefighting was on display at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), where engineers showed off new technology that protects firefighters. Worcester firefighters tested the small black box that could be the key to saving lives. The first responder location system was developed in part by WPI and the Department of Homeland Security. Tuesday, it was introduced in its first ever public demonstration.
Remembering and Learning from the Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse Fire Tragedy
Massachusetts Researchers Honored for Fire Service Contributions
Fallen Massachusetts Firefighter among Many Honored for Bravery
Video: Worcester Firefighters Help Test Tracking Device
Latest in News
- Topeka Firefighters Rescue Residents from Roof of Burning Apartment
- 911 Calls for Twisp Wildfire Tragedy Released
- Over 200 Injured in Housing Complex Fire in Saudi Arabia
- Thousands Attend Funeral for U.S. Forest Service Firefighters
- NIOSH Firefighter Fatality Report: Texas Firefighter Struck and Killed on Interstate