UK Firefighter Narrowly Escapes Wall Collapse
Collapse captured on dash cam shows Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service close call
Published Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Firefighters who captured the dramatic near miss of a colleague who could have been killed when a house collapsed today released footage of the incident. Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said the incident in Littleborough, Rochdale, in September 2010 was being released as part of health and safety training for its staff and other fire and rescue services in the UK. The dramatic footage, caught by a CCTV camera on a fire engine attending the scene, shows a fire fighter narrowly escaping death or serious injury as the front of a derelict terrace house collapsed, almost on top of him.
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service.
Latest in News
- Builder Ordered to Remove Substandard Lumber from Minnesota Apartment Construction
- Tucson Firefighters and Intuit Volunteers Install Smoke Detectors
- Illinois Firefighters Gain Salary Increase with New Contract
- Bulldozer Operator Killed in California Wildfire
- Firefighters Frustrated by California Residents Ignoring Evacuation Orders