- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
Store Owner Faces Charges in Fatal Philadelphia Fire
Lieutenant Neary and Firefighter Sweeney were killed in a collapse
Published Friday, October 19, 2012
PHILADELPHIA (MyFoxPhilly) - FOX 29 News has confirmed that a city-wide arson task force has arrested a business owner in connection with an investigation into a fire that resulted in the deaths of two Philadelphia firefighters. Furniture store owner Richard Knellinger was taken into custody by task force agents. He faces fraud and perjury charges as a result of the investigation, which is ongoing. The charges are not related to the fire. It was April 9 when a wall of the burning warehouse at 1817 East York Street collapsed on a furniture store next door, trapping several firefighters and killing two. Lt. Robert Neary and Firefighter Daniel Sweeney, both of Ladder 10, lost their lives.
- New Video Highlights Charleston Fire Department Recovery after Tragic Sofa Super Store Fire
- Larson Electronics Announces Release of Easy to Deploy 600 Watt LED Light Tower
- Neighbor Rescues Woman from Rhode Island Fire
- Video: Phoenix Firefighters Battle Horse Barn Fire
- Atlanta Firefighters Battle Auto Repair Shop Blaze