- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
Son of Fallen Buffalo Firefighter Joins the Ranks
Nick's father, Michael Catanzaro was on Ladder 5, the night of the 1983 Division Street blast.
Published Tuesday, April 24, 2012
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Who could forget the enormous propane blast, two days after Christmas in 1983? The explosion of a 500-pound illegal propane tank, and the resulting inferno, left a scar on Division Street in Buffalo and a hole in the Catanzaro family. Now, almost 30 years after Buffalo Firefighter Michael "Mickey" Catanzaro died in that explosion, his youngest son is beginning his own career with the department.
Latest in News
- Columbus Fire Department Kicks Off EMS Week with Community Challenge
- Many Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb
- Oklahoma School Takes Direct Hit from Large Tornado
- Deadlines Approach for IAFC's Valor and Safety Award Nominations
- CPSE Accepting Nominations for Annual Leadership Awards