San Francisco News Station Asks “What is a Flashover?”
Fire behavior in fatal San Francisco fire has KGO-TV asking about "flashover"
Published Friday, June 3, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) - What happened inside a house on Thursday that ended up killing a San Francisco firefighter and critically injuring another, was something firefighters call a "flashover". It's a sudden explosion and they happen more often than you might think.
Thousands Expected at Memorial for San Francisco Firefighters
Second San Francisco Firefighter Dies; Critically Injured After Reported Flashover
San Francisco Probes Why Fire Turned Tragic
San Francisco House Fire Claims Lieutenant, Leaves a Firefighter "Fighting for His Life"
- USFA: North Carolina Firefighter Dies in Commercial Structure Fire
- Book Highlights Fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Virginia Fire Chief Blasts Blog Over Comments about Firefighter Suicide
- Train carrying Sodium Hydroxide Derails in Washington, D.C.
- Official Announces North Carolina Firefighter’s Nature of Death