- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
Plane Crashes onto Long Island Residential Street
Two people killed when small plane crashes in Shirley
Published Monday, August 20, 2012
YouTube/JoVegaPhotography - Suffolk County Police are investigating a single-engine plane crash in Shirley, NY just before noon on Sunday that killed one person and seriously injured a Goshen couple. A man who was in the plane was pronounced dead at the scene by the Suffolk County Medical Examiner's office. Two other occupants, Erik Unhjem, 61, and Jane Unhjem, 60, of Goshen, were taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center in serious condition, police said. No one on the ground was injured. The plane crashed near a residential area in a vacant lot where it burst into flames, FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said. The identification of the man who was killed was being withheld Sunday evening pending notification of relatives.
Latest in News
- Maryland Firefighters and Sprinklers Quickly Contain Home Depot Fire
- Oklahoma Fire Chief Says Search Nearly Complete
- Tennessee Task Force 1 Responds to Oklahoma
- Columbus Fire Department Kicks Off EMS Week with Community Challenge
- Many Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb