Phoenix Firefighters Rescue Teens Trapped on Camelback Mountain
High-angle rescue skills & helicopter hoist employed to extricate victims from precarious position
Published Monday, February 27, 2012
Phoenix firefighters employ high-angle rescue skills and a helicopter hoist to extricate two teenage boys trapped in a precarious position on Camelback Mountain. Phoenix Firefighter Rocky Northcutt says the rescue difficulty was around 8 or 9 on a scale of 1 to 10.
Latest in News
- Book Highlights Fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Virginia Fire Chief Blasts Blog Over Comments about Firefighter Suicide
- Train carrying Sodium Hydroxide Derails in Washington, D.C.
- Official Announces North Carolina Firefighter’s Nature of Death
- Utility Company Doubts Blame for Deadly California Wildfire