- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
Kill The Flashover 2012, Burn 2
Fire was attacked from an exterior window in Division D.
Published Thursday, May 24, 2012
Kill The Flashover Project - The fire was attacked from an exterior window in Division D using 0.40% Novacool solution flowing from an Akron Assault 150 gpm/75 psi nozzle into the air intake side of the window. The entire window had been cleaned out and the stream was flowed into the lower sash area from approximately six feet from the window. Once the fire appeared to have been darkened down the stream was moved into the window and rotated 3-4 times on a clockwise motion. The line was then removed from the window. A Tempest Technology electric blower was placed into the Division A door and started. The fire attack crew moved into the fire room with an identical extinguishment line as the knockdown line. The remaining heat as seen from an ISG Thermal Imager was cooled and the room allowed to ventilate. This video was shot using a Fire Cam Mini Cam placed on a tripod approximately six inches off the floor.
Latest in News
- Md. Department Awarded Federal Funding for Electronic Firefighter Tracking and Safety During Incident Response
- Commuter Trains Collide in Connecticut; 60 People Injured in Derailment
- Fire Damages Several Buildings in Indiana City
- Washington, D.C. Faces a Critical Paramedic Shortage
- Terrain Makes California Wildfire Battle Difficult