- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
Georgia-Pacific Program Helps Volunteer Fire Departments
Grant program awards $165,000 to 26 departments
Published Tuesday, October 9, 2012
ATLANTA (PRNewswire) - Imagine fighting a building fire with gardening gloves or walking into a 1,000 degrees F room with threadbare boots. Now, imagine voluntarily taking these risks without being paid. This exemplifies the fierce commitment of volunteer firefighters, yet many departments lack funds to purchase specialized gear and replace outdated equipment.
Georgia-Pacific's Bucket Brigade™ grant program rewards this dedication to serve by supporting local fire departments. This year, $165,000 in grants were recently awarded to 25 U.S. fire departments to purchase equipment necessary to protect the lives and property of residents, and keep firefighters safe.
- New Video Highlights Charleston Fire Department Recovery after Tragic Sofa Super Store Fire
- Larson Electronics Announces Release of Easy to Deploy 600 Watt LED Light Tower
- Neighbor Rescues Woman from Rhode Island Fire
- Video: Phoenix Firefighters Battle Horse Barn Fire
- Atlanta Firefighters Battle Auto Repair Shop Blaze