- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
Connecticut Christmas Fire Survivor Thought Ashes Were Safe
Badger glanced at the bag as she walked up the stairs on the way to bed.
Published Thursday, June 21, 2012
STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) — A woman whose three daughters and parents died in a Christmas Day fire said she considered putting fireplace ashes blamed for the blaze outdoors about an hour before flames swept through the home. But Madonna Badger said in an interview aired Thursday on NBC's "Today" show that the bag of ashes didn't seem dangerous because her boyfriend, Michael Borcina, ran his hands over them before putting them on top of a plastic bin in a mudroom. She said she glanced at the bag as she walked up the stairs on the way to bed early that morning.
- Deadlines Approach for IAFC's Valor and Safety Award Nominations
- Many Dead, Including Children, After Tornado Strikes Oklahoma City Suburb
- Columbus Fire Department Kicks Off EMS Week with Community Challenge
- Tennessee Task Force 1 Responds to Oklahoma
- New Research Highlights the Importance of Moisture Barriers in Managing Firefighter Heat Stress