- NEED PRODUCT INFO FAST?
- Join 100,000+
- The MyFFN Community
- Follow Us On Twitter
17 FDNY Firefighters Injured During Bronx Fire
Mayday called after a floor collapse.
Published Monday, April 16, 2012
NEW YORK (AP) — Officials say two firefighters were inside a multi-family home in the Bronx when a blaze led to a partial collapse of the building.
The firefighters survived with minor injuries. Seventeen firefighters and two civilians in total were injured. None of the injuries were life-threatening. Flames spread to five other surrounding buildings.
An FDNY spokesman said Saturday the fire in the Parkchester neighborhood was under control.
The cause wasn't immediately known.
Latest in News
- Md. Department Awarded Federal Funding for Electronic Firefighter Tracking and Safety During Incident Response
- Commuter Trains Collide in Connecticut; 60 People Injured in Derailment
- Fire Damages Several Buildings in Indiana City
- Washington, D.C. Faces a Critical Paramedic Shortage
- Terrain Makes California Wildfire Battle Difficult