Each year, FireRescue magazine demonstrates its commitment to company officer development and recognition through the Company Officer of the Year Award, sponsored by CommandSim
The Company Officer of the Year Receives:
- Airfare, hotel & registration for Fire-Rescue International
- $1,000 cash award
Deadline for Nominations: April 30
Click here to fill out the nomination form. Please note that you will need to provide contact information for the nominee, yourself, the nominee's direct supervisor and the nominee's chief.
FireRescue would like to thank CommandSim for its generous sponsorship of this award. Please visit www.commandsim.com for more information about its products.
FireRescue’s Company Officer of the Year will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Leadership: Nominees should lead their companies through example, inspiration and dedication. Ideally the award will showcase someone who demonstrates long-term leadership potential.
- Training: Nominees should be innovative, diligent company officers who make training, education and preparedness a priority.
- Incident Command Effectiveness: Nominees should exhibit smart, effective and safe on-scene strategies at all incidents, no matter their size or scope.
- Commitment to Safety: Nominees will insist upon safe practices at all times, whether in the station, during training, traveling to an incident or on scene.
- Interpersonal Communication: Nominees should exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills with their companies, commanders, public officials and community members.
- Community Involvement: The best company officers keep their customers in mind. Nominees should be involved in their communities through fire-safety campaigns or other programs.
Note to nominators: We’re looking for company officers who, despite being in the early stages of their leadership career, already exemplify the leadership, initiative and motivation of a next-generation leader. They should go above and beyond in their commitment to their crew, fire service safety, training and effectiveness, and ultimately serve as a mentor to members of all ranks.
Visit www.firefighternation.com/COYA2012 to fill out the nomination form. Please note that you will need to provide contact information for the nominee, yourself, the nominee's direct supervisor and the nominee's chief.
Please direct any questions to FireRescue Managing Editor Janelle Foskett at email@example.com or 619/699-6807.