CHARLTON, Mass. (AP) — Fire officials are seeking the cause of a five-alarm fire that destroyed a warehouse at a mill complex in Charlton.
Firefighters from about 20 towns battled the blaze that started Thursday night at the Charlton Woolen Mill and burned for more than two hours. Several explosions were heard, possibly caused by old propane tanks stored inside the mill.
Six firefighters were treated for minor injuries.
Assistant Fire Chief Curtis Meskus says because there is no municipal water supply, a tanker shuttle had to bring in water from Glen Echo Lake.
The mill complex, at City Depot Road and Route 31, houses several businesses. It was unclear Friday how those businesses would be affected.
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com
Comment Now: Post Your Thoughts & Comments on This Story