By Mike Benadum
Published Friday, March 20, 2009
| From the May 2007 Issue of FireRescue
- 2 boxes of large pasta shells
- One 24-oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. of sausage
- 1 large pack of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 large tubs of "whipped" cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. regular mayonnaise
- 1 large bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a fast boil. Add shells, and cook according to instructions on the box. Drain in colander. Rinse with cool water until they're cool enough to handle.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a bowl or pan.
- Brown sausage over medium-high heat. Drain and place in spaghetti sauce.
- Rinse mushrooms and place in spaghetti sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, egg and mayo until smooth.
- Spray a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce (add desired spices to taste).
- Using a teaspoon, stuff each shell with the cream cheese mix. Place stuffed shells in the pan.
- Completely cover shells with the remainder of the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and let stand about 10 minutes. Serve with garlic bread, salad and beverage of choice.
Comment Now: Post Your Thoughts & Comments on This Story